Zooma Zoomin: My Second Half Marathon
I am receiving a complimentary race entry from Zooma in exchange for sharing my training/race experience on my blog and social media.
Those who have been reading my blog for a year or more may remember that last summer, I trained for my first half marathon! For those who do not remember or were not aware, here are some of those posts to catch you up:
- One Week Later… (the decision to train)
- Half Marathon Training: Lessons So Far
- Thinking Out Loud: Shin Happens (shin splint issues)
- Asics GEL-Pursue: My Half Marathon Shoe!
- Road Block (IT band issues)
- My First Half Marathon! (race recap)
Though I am a self proclaimed non-runner, I still got such a high off of training for that big goal, and conquering it. I will never forget the overwhelming emotion and pride I felt as I crossed the finish line, with tears in my eyes, at the Zooma Women’s Half Marathon on the Cape last September.